Good news for those wanting to work on their cute before Mother’s Day. Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson announced that the reopenings will be in stages but that they may return to providing services on Wednesday, May 6.
This announcement includes Barbershops, Beauty Salons, Nail Parlors, Tattoo Shops, Massage Therapy, and Medical Spas. These businesses can re-open on May 6 with the following restrictions.
- Ten or fewer people in a facility
- Larger facilities, no more than 30% of stations in operation.
- No walk-in appointments
- Clients should wait outside or in cars until ready
- Time set between appointments for cleaning
- 6-foot distance between clients during appointments, in wait area.
- Client names, contact information recorded
- Vulnerable populations should consider staying home
- Face coverings required for staff. Clients must also wear as services permit
- Gloves should be worn
- Hands must be washed before and after services
- Screening of staff and clients
- Postpone services if any symptoms, even if attributed to allergies
- Thorough cleaning + disinfection
Today I announced that barber, cosmetology, massage therapy, body art, & medical spa services may resume operations on May 6 under guidelines that require pre-screening, use of gloves, face masks, & social distancing, & prohibit walk-in appointments.
We’ve all felt the absence of these services recently, & professionals are eager to resume their work. I have great confidence that our stylists & other professionals will work hard to protect themselves & their clients & still provide the highest quality of service.