It is time for Spring Fling 2016 at Texas A&M University – Texarkana with fun activities for everyone all week long, with Dance Parties, Lip Sync contests, outdoor movies and more.
Texas A&M University – Texarkana Press Release:
The Texas A&M University-Texarkana Office of Student Life and the Campus Activities Board will host Spring Fling ’16 April 18-22 on the A&M-Texarkana campus, 7101 University Ave., Texarkana, Texas.
“Spring Fling is a week-long series of fun and engaging programs that give students and the community the opportunity to let loose and de-stress just before buckling down for finals week,” said Celete McNiel, assistant director of Student Life.
This year’s Spring Fling schedule includes the following activities:
Monday, April 18
- 3 p.m. – “Just Dance” Tournament hosted by Recreational Sports, Game Room, University Center
- 4:30 p.m. – Poetry Workshop with Megan Sexton hosted by the Program for Learning and Community Engagement (PLACE), 4th Floor Atrium, University Center
- 7 p.m. – Comedian Adam Grabowskihosted by the Campus Activities Board (CAB), Eagle Hall, University Center
Tuesday, April 19
- 11 a.m. – Make Your Own Street Signs and Emoji Pillowshosted by the Campus Activities Board, Eagle Lounge, University Center
- 6 p.m. – Poetry Reading with Megan Sexton hosted by PLACE, 4th Floor Atrium, University Center
- 8 p.m. – Outdoor Move – “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” hosted by CAB, University Center Lawn
Wednesday, April 20
- 12 p.m. – Lounge Karaoke hosted by CAB, Eagle Lounge, University Center
- 3 p.m. – Horseshoe Tournament hosted by Recreational Sports, University Center Lawn
- 7 p.m. – LipSync Battlehosted by CAB, Eagle Hall, University Center
Thursday, April 21
- 12 p.m. – “Healthy Habits for Happy Students” Student Success Workshop hosted by TRiO Student Support Services and the Success Center, University Center 210
- 12 p.m. – PLACE Awards Ceremony hosted by PLACE, 4th Floor Atrium, University Center
- 7 p.m. – Slam Poetry Contest featuring I.N.K.hosted by CAB, Eagle Hall University Center
Friday, April 22
- 8:30 p.m. – Throwback Time Machine Dance Party hosted by CAB, Eagle Hall, University Center (A&M-Texarkana students and guests)
Events are free and open to the public. Only current students may enter the LipSync Battle or the Slam Poetry Contest.
For more information, please contact CAB@tamut.edu.
About Texas A&M University-Texarkana
As a member of The Texas A&M University System, Texas A&M University-Texarkana is a comprehensive regional university that provides students with academically challenging, engaging and rewarding educational experiences through quality teaching, scholarship, student support services, co-curricular programming, research and service.