Man Visits Galveston Beach and Loses Leg to Flesh Eating Virus


50-year-old Brian Parrott didn’t spend a lot of time in the water when he took his family to the beach in Galveston, Texas, but that little bit of time in the surf ended up with Brian having to have his right leg amputated at the knee from contracting a flesh eating virus.

Parrott is diabetic, and his mother said that he may have had a scratch on his foot. Which could explain how he could have caught the bacterial infection but no others in his party contracted it. She said he was swimming with family on Sunday, work on Monday, leg was red on Tuesday, boils on his leg on Wednesday, then amputated on Thursday in talking about how fast the infection took over her sons body.

This report came from Fox 26 in Houston


About Author

After more than 30 years with radio and TV stations, I decided to do my own thing by blogging. It affords me the ability to stay super involved in the community, but still, have plenty of time with my 3 new granddaughters and other local projects.

Leave A Reply