Daylight Savings in the United States officially begins on Sunday, March 13, at 2:00 am. When you set your clocks forward, we have a list of some other things that you should also take a look at when you do.
First off, most just set their clocks forward when they go to bed on Saturday night, March 12, but whether you set it back that night or when you wake up on the 13th, it’s a good idea to take care of a few other things around your house, we were going to do a top 10, but ran out of time…
So, here’s 6…
- Replace batteries in your carbon monoxide and smoke detectors. Check on your people that may not be able to change theirs. It’s a good idea to do this twice a year, and easier to remember around this clock change.
- Rotate your mattresses. Just a good thing to do.
- If you have a fireplace, this is the time you should really schedule a chimney sweep.
- Go through your medicines. Get rid of old our out of date medications. You can dispose of prescription medications at TEXARKANA EMERGENCY CENTER & HOSPITAL on Cowhorn Creek.
- Reverse your ceiling fans. In the Spring, change to rotate in a counter-clockwise direction to cool the rooms. In Fall change to the clockwise direction to pull warm air down.
- Go through your food pantry and refrigerator to check for out-of-date items.