The Texarkana Arkansas Police Department has arrested 5 people in investigations to recent string of robberies where victims were robbed of property at gunpoint.
Recently the Texarkana Arkansas Police Department (TAPD) Criminal Investigation Division (CID) has been investigating a series of robberies where individual victims reported being robbed by gunpoint of personal property, including cell phones and money. Details of the three reported incidents are as follows;
1. November 4th, 2016, 3300 Block of Washington Street at 11:30am, female victim reported she was robbed at gunpoint while retrieving mail from the complex mailboxes by 3 male suspects.
2. November 23rd, 2016, 200 Block of Relator Avenue at 6:00pm, male victim, employee of the business, reported he was robbed at gunpoint by 3 unknown male suspects.
3. November 25th, 2016, 4300 Block of North State Line Avenue at 3:00am, male victim advised he was robbed at gunpoint by 3 unknown male suspects and 1 female suspect.
Detectives have been working diligently to identify and arrest these suspects before anyone was seriously injured. Their efforts were successful and 5 arrests have been made;
• Kevonte Smith, B/M 19yoa, arrested and charged with aggravated robbery (2 counts) and possession of a firearm by certain person.
• Rodrick Vann, B/M 19yoa, arrested and charged with aggravated robbery (3 counts), possession of a controlled substance, and breaking and entering of a vehicle.
• Master Leal Jr. B/M 22yoa, arrested and charged with aggravated robbery (2 counts) and breaking and entering of a vehicle.
• Kiona Easter, B/F 18yoa, arrested and charged with aggravated robbery.
• Phillip Cornelius, B/M 25yoa, arrested and charged with aggravated robbery and breaking and entering of a vehicle.
Master Leal, no picture
Anyone with information regarding this or any other crime is urged to contact Texarkana Arkansas Police at 903-798-3154 or the Texarkana area CrimeStoppers at 903-793-STOP. Thank you and you can visit the Texarkana Arkansas Police Department online at http://www.txkusa.org/arkpolice.