Back in the early 1980s the Texarkana Noon Kiwanis Club and the Texarkana Work Center created a fundraiser with a board game, “Texarkana Trivia”. It was awesome and seems to be impossible to find anymore. Check out some of these questions.
In the early 80s “Trivial Pursuit” was all the rage, along those lines was a great idea to produce a board game with facts about Texarkana. I have been looking for a complete set of the game for years. I found one, bought it, and found out that all of the question cards were missing. I don’t use the marketplace anymore.
Recently I saw where a friend on Facebook had received an entire game from her Grandmother. So, she shared some of the questions with us. Many of the questions were related to Texarkana at the time, city official names, and what not… but a lot of questions are a fascinating history of our hometown. Check these out. If you know the answers email them to Texarkana Trivia Answers at TexarkanaFYI@gmail.com. We will take the correct answers and draw for a $25 Roadhouse Gift Card.
- What two local scout camps are named after Doctors?
- What Texarkanian won a gold medal in the high jump at the 1952 Helsinki Olympics?
- What was the name of Texarkana’s first baseball team?
- Who is the only person empowered to arrest the Miller County Sheriff?
- What U.S. President served as Grand Marshall in the Four States Fair Parade?
- Who owned the streetcars in Texarkana in 1915?
- What Texarkana native became a “Flying Tiger” and was later killed in action?
- What year did Pleasant Grove become an independent school district?
- Who was a famous outlaw that terrorized the Texarkana area in the 1800s?
- At what church did Will Rogers play a benefit in 1926?
Do you know the answers to those questions? If so, email your answers to email@example.com. Next week we will draw from all of the correct answers for a $25 Texas Roadhouse Gift Card. Good luck!