More house fires happen during the winter months, and 32% of home fires are caused by common space heaters. Share these tips if you or someone you know uses space heaters in the cold winter months.
- Make sure you place the space heater on a flat, level surface, away from high-traffic areas.
- Plug space heaters directly into a wall socket, avoid using power strips or extension cords.
- Never leave space heaters on and unattended.
- You get what you pay for. Use a reputable brand with a certification label of a nationally recognized testing lab.
- NEVER use a space heater if there is any damage to the plug or cord.