The Texarkana Texas Farmers Market at 305 Texas Boulevard kicks off the 2021 Summer season on Saturday, May 1. The market will be open every Saturday from 7:00 am til noon, or sold-out with lots of special activities and events scheduled for 2021.
The Texarkana Farmers’ Market located at 305 Texas Blvd is set to open for the 2021 summer season on Saturday, May 1st. The theme of the May 1st market will be ‘Meet your Farmers’ sponsored by Farmers Bank and Trust. There will be social media campaign that highlight the many vendors that will be a part of the 2021 Farmers’ Market. The market opens at 7am until noon/sold out every Saturday through July. Due to COVID-19, social distancing will be practiced, and facemasks are encouraged.
Cultural Foods Coordinator and Mobile Market Manager Annemarie Sullivan said, “After an unpredictable season last year, we have a steady new stream of people looking for more local, healthy food choices. We are excited to open back up and fill that need! Whether you are a regular at the market, or just found us, we appreciate you making time on a Saturday to come out and get the best in locally produced foods and goods. Your purchases support our local economy, family farms, and small businesses.”
Members of the public can check the Texarkana Farmers Market website or social media pages for updates throughout the season. Visit our website – https://www.texarkanafarmersmarket.com/ to find information on how to become a vendor, rules, and regulations for selling, event information, and updates for when the TXK Market Boxes will reopen.
The Texarkana Farmers’ Market is funded in part by a USDA grant and local sponsors. For more information please contact, Keith Beason, Planner II and at 903-798-3901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- May 1 – Meet your Farmer – Sponsored by Farmers’ Bank & Trust
- May 8 – Crawfish Boil = Sponsored by Bayou Ben’s
- May 15 – Cultural Night (details to come)
- May 22 – Cooking Demonstration with Marjorie Slimer
- May 29 – Children’s Costume Contest
- June 5 – National Egg Day
- June 12 – Be Healthy with Bren Gonzales
- June 19 – Juneteenth Celebration/Lifeshare Blood Drive/Cultural Night
- June 26 – Yoga at the Market – Sponsored by One Love Yoga
- July 3 – Independence Day Celebration
- July 10 – Children’s Book Day with the Texarkana Public Library
- July 17 – Cultural Night Market
- July 24 – Summer Celebration/Sidewalk Chalk Contest by TRAHC
- July 31 – Annual Biggest Tomato Contest
- August 7 – National Farmers’ Market Week/Annual Best Salsa Contest