Governor Gregg Abbott has released all Barber Shops, Beauty Salons, and other Cosmetology services to open on Friday, May 8, 2020, with restrictions.
Today Governor Abbott announced that on Friday, May the 8th, Barber Shops, Beauty Salons, Nail/tanning salons and others in the State could open for business with certain guidelines, however business owners are able to stay closed a bit longer if they wish, it is up to their judgment.
Some of the requirements:
- one customer per stylist
- people can wait inside if they maintain social distance
- appointment scheduling is encouraged to avoid walk-ins congregating
- both stylist and customers are encouraged to wear masks
Governor Abbott said today that gyms and exercise facilities will be allowed to open on May 18 with restrictions. Some of the restrictions for these businesses include…
- operation at 25% capacity
- all equipment must be disinfected after each use
- customers must use gloves
- social distancing must be maintained
- showers and locker rooms must remain closed
- personal equipment brought in by customers must be disinfected
Officials are still looking at plans to open up bars, and should have a plan in place by the end of the week.