Daylight Saving Time ends this weekend at 2:00 a.m. Sunday morning, so before you go to bed Saturday night November 3, be sure to set your clocks back one hour.
Before you go to bed on Saturday, November 3, 2018, set your clock back one hour. When local time is about to hit 2:00 a.m. on Sunday, November 4, daylight savings time ends, and the clock moves back to 1:00 a.m. So, yes you get an extra hour of sleep, but sunrise and sunset will also happen an hour earlier.
Some additional tips for the change of the clocks…
- Check and replace batteries in smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors. Replace smoke detectors that are older than 10 years, and replace carbon monoxide detectors that are older than 5 years.
- Adjust any timers on household gadgets, indoor and outdoor lights, and any timers that may be controlling household cooling or heating systems.
- Check your home and outdoor storage areas for outdated chemicals or hazardous materials that are no longer of use, or in poor condition.
- Check and discard outdated medications. Many simple over the counter medications can cause serious problems due to changes that occur with aging.
- Adjust sprinkler timers and blow-out sprinkler systems to prepare for colder weather.
- Clean rain gutters.